sunnuntai 13. helmikuuta 2011

Day fourteen: Bass Sabbath


Whats up folks!

It's you're favorite bass-freak speaking, Pexi. Sunday may be the most frustrating day of the week, but not for me. Last night/today I nailed down almost all last bass tracks!

 I have to say, overall this week we've been working more than ever in the studio. As you have read, I've been doing my tracks mainly by night; yeah I feel like a robot but the tight schedule always needs hard work. No rest 'til grave, ha! This weekend I had my first good night-sleeps after sleeping something around 3-5 hours per night.


I've had my own tired, freaky moments in the late hours when recording alone: The air conditioning in the monitoring room does creepy sounds from time to time and when you're alone doing stuff the horror movie-feeling is guaranteed. What makes it more freaking is the Janne's mixing board slides, which have been automated so it lives its own life while playing the songs.
Tired or not, I don't care. I am more than happy with the results. For not getting enough training in technique I've played bass mostly with a pick in this record. For all you mofos who think that bass should be played only with fingers I have only one word: killer-fukken-sound!

-Pexmeister

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti